Monday, March 31, 2014

Oh the adventures of the mission .. . . Welcome to La Plata

First, answers to your questions: the city is great, very different from anything thus far in my mission. It is my very first time living in a my life. Haha I guess there is a first time for everything. We are about an hour and a half from Banfield and about 2 hours from Buenos Aires. I will send the pix of our pension so that you can see it. We live in the top floor of our building so it was quite exciting to haul the luggage up 3 flights of stairs. But it is way nice. It is not as big as the other one, but it is all the space we need. And it has a lot more light than the old one. I think I told you about Hna Medina last week. She is from the southern part of Mexico. As of Saturday she is 23. Her family are members too. The ward members are great and help us A TON. It is a lot different being in a ward vs a branch. So Sunday was a weird experience, its like the wards home, but it was weird with being in a rama for 7 months. And yes time is going way too fast, for sure. 

Secondly, this week was probably one of the longest and most interesting weeks of my mission, or at least the part in Argentina. 

Here is my week in review, Enjoy...
Monday- Transfers, new pension, exploring the city, meeting the Bishop and one of his counselors. 

Tuesday- 2am- 5am throwing up everything (which wasn't that much) that was in my stomach until there was nothing left in my body to come out. 5 30 (note- we didn't have a phone at this point and none of our neighbors would answer the door) I couldn't handle the pain in my stomach anymore so we left to find a taxi that would take us to the hospital. In the hospital, they put me on an ivy with medicine, (I had absolutely no energy or strength and tried to sleep) a little while after I threw the medicine up.  They did an ultrasound to try to figure out what the pain in my stomach was. Luckily they didn't find anything bad or dangerous, but they didn't find anything specifically wrong.  I guess when we left it was just after 11 in the morning, I was so out of it, exhausted, and dead from spending all morning throwing up that I had absolutely no sense of time.  We spent the rest of the day in the pension while I rested. For the next couple of days I was on a liquid diet to calm my nausea. We went looking for our phone that supposedly was going to get repaired but didn't in the evening then went to visit a member to use their phone to call our leaders and I got a blessing from the Hno.
Wednesday- I had just enough strength to get up and go to the zone meeting...where I happen to find a long lost companion...Hna Andreasen [see pix below] finally made it to Argentina!!!! woo. After the meeting we both got blessings from the zone leaders (me of health and Hna Medina of comfort and guidance, my poor comp, first week and all of this happened) and after lunch (that I ate very lightly) we went back to rest, being drained of everything again. 
Thursday- We were first just going to spend the morning in the pension to make sure I was a bit better, yea that didn't happen. The morning was great, we got a bit of planning done. The Bishop brought lunch. After lunch it all hit again... this time trading off with both of us. First my stomach then Hna Medina's it was awful! Also this day, I washed my hair and when I brushed it I lost a good handful...putting me into tears.  We called the mission nurse and she told me to go see the dermatologist to see what's up. It is to the point that I am scared to touch my hair for fear of it just falling out. 
Friday- Finished planning and finally left to work. I still had NO energy or strength but I wasn't going to spend another day in the was getting boring. Oh, me and my stubbornness. I only made it until 6 until I couldn't do it any more. And once again was drained of everything!
Saturday - First full day of work and it felt great. Still had a bit of nausea and not all of my strength was back but it felt good to get out and work and do something. 
Sunday- Church and another full day of work, with...a lot of rain. haha the area is big, but I am starting to recognize points that we pass and places.  

Needless to say we had quite the week here in La Plata. I have lost a ton of hair and weight. I hardly fit in any of my clothes and I look great. And I would be super excited if it wasn't for the fact that I still haven't regained all of my energy and strength back. But I have an appointment with the doctor/ dermatologist tonight to have him run some general tests and take my blood to try and figure out what the heck is going on. So I will let you know the results next week. 
I hope you all had a better week than we did. And hope you have a great week to come!
Love you lots, Hna Snow


 Look what is out my window. How cool!!

 the room and...

 my closet

 the hall to the rest

And look who decided to show up to Argentina!!!!!!!!!!! 
Por Fin [finally] haha and she is in my zone- its great.

 my hair or what is left

 One of the members owns a restaurant...
surprise, this is where they eat every Friday.

 me at the restaurant

 Saturday was Hna Medina's b-day (23) we celebrated with cake at lunch

the skyline, well part of it

 Autumn is here, sorry for the white spot the flash reflected off Hna Medina's camera

 the sign I made her for her b'day

 Today look what I found in the Super Market... 
everything for guacamole. Turns out they do have red onions here. 
Yes, tomorrow we celebrate with Guac!!

No comments:

Post a Comment