Monday, April 28, 2014

5...4...3...2...1...

Well, another week has gone by. But sadly this time not with much work. With me being sick and all. It has been really hard on me not being able to do much. But you find things to do, for example, I have read in the B of M from the end of 2 Nephi to almost the end of Mosiah, in Spanish. And the crazy thing is that I understand it, really and the stories are just coming to life. It is cool and kinda weird because I am understanding it more than when I read it in English, haha funny huh?

Anyway to describe the title:
5-weeks
4-doctors visits
3-medications
2- blood tests and 2 diets
1- very tired missionary...

And we still have no idea what is going on with me. Needless to say it has been another very interesting transfer. I guess there is no such thing as an ordinary day. 

But like I said this week was super hard on me not being able to do anything. I started taking the time to write/catch up in my journal, but after a very short while my hand and arm were just tired b/c of all the energy that I didn't have. So I took to reading el Libro de Mormón ( yes in Spanish) one of my goals with Pres. Thurgood this time around in interviews was that I wanted to finish it before I left in Sept. I guess Heavenly father has a funny way of answering prayers. . as I mentioned above, I read from the end of 2 nefi to ch 27 of Mosiah in about 4 days. 

It is amazing the healing power of the scriptures, Sat. I was feeling very sad and depressed about not having hair and not having answers. I cried for a little while then picked up my scriptures, started reading, still felt a bit sad, but kept reading, and I can honestly say that my testimony of the scriptures has definitely grown.  Literally getting lost in the stories that are in them helped me more than anything, and is the best cure to get out of the funk of sadness.  And with a blessing that I got from my district leader, he said something along the lines sometimes we don't understand what happens to us, but God does and sometimes it is His way of preparing you for something else. It help my animo greatly, needing to put all my trust in God, yes it is hard, with the outward appearance of not having much hair and looking like I am sick (which I have been doing better with b/c I refuse and avoid the mirror although avoiding my shadow is a bit more difficult) but He knows a lot more than I do and he can see the end, whereas I can only see to the next hill. 

Here is my thought/quote for you guys this week, it is found in Mosiah 3:7-8. Trust in God and things will work out. 

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it means a ton to have such a great support system. 

Have a great week!!

Hna Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment