Monday, April 28, 2014

Q & A

Q: What tests were done other than checking for Thyroid or Parasites?

A: None others, just those ones so far.

Q: Did they check for Diabetes?

A: No or not that I know of

Q: Was your iron levels low?

A: I have no idea, I don't know if that was something they looked for, it would be way too easy to check for all the simple things first, right? haha

Q: Do you know a Roger C. Manning? Pres. Thurgood cc’d him on email correspondences.

A: Nope doesn't ring a bell

Q: Have you been able to keep up with mission responsibilities, appts. etc.?

A: Nope we only left about 2 or 3 times last week, and returned to the pension b/c I was drained and achy.  And apparently I haven't had much color in my face for a while. 

Q: How’s your new diet of potatoes and some meat?

A: Better than the other one of just rice and pasta. haha but it is getting better and I don't have complete fear of eating. 

Q: Pres. Thurgood mentioned that the Bishop’s wife has been your companion.  Is Hna. Medina still your companion also?

A: Yes Hna. Medina is my companion, the bishops wife has been a HUGE help in all of this, she is pregnant and has been keeping us in contact con [with] her doc and the mission counselor  pte Vitale. 

Q: Will you be able to Skype on Mother’s Day…Sun., May 11th…Shayla’s B’Day…Dalen/Shellie & Kids will be here?

A: As far as I know yes. 

Q: So, I (DAD), just got asked to speak in church on Mother’s Day!  They want me to talk about you and what things you are learning on your mission that will help you in your future after the mission, especially that will help you become a wife and mother.  Will you give me some thoughts you have on that subject that I can use in my talk?  I would like to use your words.  Thanks

A:  Wow there are a lot of things that I have learned in terms to this question . .  but here are a few...
-Being innovative, we have to come up with ways to talk to people to get around on our own (some times traveling long distances) having to ask for directions and incorporating handing out pass along cards. 
-Patience. that is one attribute that I have come to obtain in my mission, patience with the members, the investigators, my companions, and myself. 
- Prayer. NO matter where, no matter what time, no matter the situation you can always pray and ask for help or comfort or guidance from our Father in heaven and He will ALWAYS answer you. 
-Blessings. I have gotten a lot of priesthood blessings on my mission whether for health or comfort. And they always help me ´just keep swimming´(we had a lesson on perseverance on Sunday and that ex was used love it!) and I know that my heavenly father is there with me every step of the way.
-The Atonement, no matter what happens in your life, what situation or afliccion [grief], Jesus Christ KNOWS really knows what you are going thru and he will help you. They won't give you anything that they know you can't handle. I know it is true and it is cool to look back and see how far I have come and how they have lifted me or carried me thru the difficult times. 


There ya go. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment