Monday, May 5, 2014

What 6 weeks gone...again?

Okay, the low down, so we got the test results and they came back negative. Yea a lot of help, huh. But when Hna. Mansilla called the doctor, he recognized the name and turns out yea I have a parasite. Turns out it is a parasite with a personality as it runs in cycles. haha go figure. And talking to the nurse of the mission she said that when your body is malnourished it starts getting rid of the unnecessary things...like hair, I guess it is the first thing to go. So that explains that. She also told me that when (or if) we can get rid of this thing inside me, my hair will grow back in time. Wahoo, best news I have heard, right? So with everything that has happened in the last 6 weeks we finally have some answers! 


Anywho, transfers were today. Getting calls Sat. night.  Hna. Medina was transferred to an area that is not the city called San Vicente. Honestly, I was freaking out the last couple days, with all that has happened with my health and all I didn't feel like I knew the area and much less how to get around very well having about a week and a half to 2 weeks without leaving the pension...yea it was bad. But ya know the great thing about this Gospel and our Father in Heaven, He helps out a lot. A lot of the testimonies yesterday were on having faith and trusting in our Father. Something I needed to hear, cuz after church I felt a peace and calming, and a reassurance that I can do this. And walking around visiting members yesterday I realized that I know more than I thought I did. Granted yea I am still learning and the city still gives me a headache. But at least I can get us to the pension, the church for meetings and the church for our district/zone meetings and some members houses...the rest not sure. pero bueno. [but good]
  
My comp...drum roll, her name is Hna. Knowlton (we are Snowlton) haha she is from Utah. My first gringa!!! haha she is from a small town called Fruit Heights 19 and just finished being trained...other drum roll please...by la [the] Hna. Blanco. haha yea I am comps with the daughter of Hna Blanco. haha it is great, it was great to finally see her after about 6 months! 

But after this last transfer, I can't wait to see what Heavenly father has in store for me this transfer. And thinking about it in every area I have only had 6 weeks to learn the basics of the area...aye, and with this one less time. So we will see how this goes, but luckily la Hna. Knowlton likes the city, a lot so it should be good. And it should be a fun transfer. And I will let you know how my Spanish is after these 6 weeks. haha it has been weird, this week I have spoken a lot more English than I have in a while and honestly I didn't like it very much...I don't know what I am going to do when I get home. I guess we will find out. 

Anywho, I hope you all have a great week! And I will let you know the status of my health next week. Thanks tonz and bunches for all of your prayers, I can feel them working. 


Chau! Hna Snow



so la Hna. Andreasen left for good today...I know right 6 weeks. But apparently her knees are still super bad and pres didn't know. So he sent her home and she has to get double knee surgery...pobrecita. 
Poor girl. So we said hello and goodbye. But at least we were in the same zone for a whole transfer, right? And she will be going to Dixie State so we will be able to see her.



My hair after 6 weeks...yea. I know.
The weight for now is starting to come back. 
Hna. Andreasen said I didn't look dead anymore, so that is a good thing.



Look who I found at transfer meeting? [Hna. Blanco]
Top pix is Hna. Farnsworth, I found her my first week here and now she is going home, crazy huh.

Q & A
Q: When will you be able to Skype on Sunday? 
Our church is at 1 pm and dad has to speak as you know.

A: yes, we have found a place to chat.  Our church ends at 12:30, so I'm thinking that we can talk after our church and before yours with the time diff.

Q: What type of medication are you taking.  We would like the name of it if possible.

A: Right now I am not on meds, but we are going to meet with the med this week to see how I am doing actually eating food and go from there.

Q: Have you noticed any difference with your diet and/or your medication?

A:  No, I am just happy to be off a diet for now

Q: We have had other people, such as Kip and Bishop tell us of different parasites, which are countless.  Kip said he was told to drink a liter of coke every month to clean out his system.  We were wondering if that would help you to maybe do that once a week or so?  Maybe you could ask about that?

A: I have no idea honestly

Q: Has your companion been supportive and understanding?

A: yes, the poor girl. she was a huge help and had a ton of patience with me. 

Q: Do you make sure you wash your hands regularly, especially when preparing food and using the bathroom?

A: yes of course, I even have hand sanitizer in my backpack

Q: Do you wear sandals when you shower?

A:  yes

Q: We are still planning on coming down to pick you up.  Are there things we need to do to let your Mission know before we come?  Hopefully it still works for us to come down there?

A: I don't know, I would email pres to ask him if there is anything you need to do for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment