Sunday, August 24, 2014

No one told me I would be training . . .

Monday, July 28, 2014
Hola Familia!  
As for transfers, yes I got transferred, to a little-ish town called Berisso, that is about 20 min outside of La Plata central. Funny huh? One transfer left and I'm moved, but I guess that has been happening to a lot of missionaries. It is just one more small adventure before I leave . . :( but we aren't going to talk about that. ..anywho, my new comps name is Hna Villarreal, she is from Argentina-Rosario, is 19 years old and has 6 weeks in the mission. Here is where the title comes in. So the Hna that I replaced in 
La Plata was transferred here to Berisso and as we were talking to the other Hnas in La Plata they told us that she was training and since she left this transfer that I would be finishing her training. Well as you can tell that caught my attencion, b/c when our district leader called us about transfers he said nothing of the sort and I didn't get a call from President. So we asked this Hna and sure enough she confirmed it that I would be finishing the Hna Villarreals training. Haha yup EVERYDAY in the mission is an adventure, I am just sorry that that means she has to stay another transfer after this one as I will be leaving.. 

Anywho, this week was super fun, here is a run down of what happened: 
Monday- was the trip to the museum-Incredible! 
Tuesday- I don't remember if I told you guys about Vanessa, she is now a new investigator. The lesson we had with her was amazing, and we were even able to take out a date for baptism, we were honestly surprised and weren't sure what to do next. haha 

Wednesday -we had a fantastic district meeting, where we all bore our testimonies on the Atonement and WOW the spirit was so super strong. Then we had lunch and pix as a zone. To tell you the truth it was almost like another p-day, just shorter, but I will miss La zona La Plata. We became like a family (kinda like La Costa) we had activities and every Tues we would meet as a zone to start the meetings for like announcemnts and stuff, then we would split off. 
Thursday- we had another lesson with Vanessa starting off by asking if she knew what she was getting herself into. She said yes and that she was going to let us come back. Yea it was pretty amazing (although I am a little sad now we just got a good investigator and then I left. .) and we got calls about transfers
Friday- Christmas and planning for the week. Lets just say for our companion inventory we opened presents we thought it was a good way to analyze the relationship. haha with planning, since for some odd reason we knew I would be leaving b/c usually we get calls Sat. night, Hna Knowlton said that I still had to help her plan, which I was planning on doing anyway. haha 
Saturday- not much happened, we just tried to visit the menos activos we had a couple appt fall thru so Sat. and Sun. we just visited members. I had them sigh my journal and we took pix. 
All in all it was a pretty great week to end a great couple of transfers with the Hna Knowlton. We even gave our self a name,  . .are you ready for this?!?.... we are the Hnas Snowlton. haha we thought it was pretty good. 
Anywho, I will let you know how my first week in Berisso goes next week!
Hna Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment