Monday, February 24, 2014

Hola to all‏

So, this week literally went by in the blink of an eye. We don´t remember what we did Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday my comp had a rather crazy day...let me try to explain. Wednesday we had to get ready for a baptism that we would be having Friday. With the interview Wed., our District Leader was sick so the Zone Leaders came down from La Plata (3 hrs) they missed the first bus at 9:30 am and had to take the 12:30 putting them in Dolores at 3:30. We had to take the bus at 4:00 to La Plata to be in Banfield on Thursday for a meeting for trainers and new missionaries. We met the zone leaders in the terminal handed them the baptism record for the interview gave them the address of the house and said good luck as they took a taxi to find it. A little while later we got a call saying that they were lost and couldn't find the house...oh dear. So after many phone calls and trying to describe things, we finally gave them the number of the person being interviewed and they got it all worked out. phew.
The meeting was really good and we both leaned a lot more about the fundamentals of missionary work and how to apply them in our teaching. After we went to the mission home b/c Hna Vasquez needed to talk to Pres. about a couple things and we both ended up getting blessings from him to help us move forward in the work and of comfort in our lives.
Friday, baptism. Baptisms never go smoothly here. There is always one thing or another going on (gracias adversary) but everything ended up good and for as nervous as she was to be baptized. After the fact she was super happy and content. As were we.
Sat and Sun were relatively quiet, minus the fact that Saturday night I cut my comps hair...and I would send pix but this computer won´t let me. So you will have to wait a week to see the results. Lets just say she had longer and thicker hair than shayla and last Monday she put her hair in a pony on top of her head and cut it first herself. Then realizing that it was way shorter in the front than in the back she told me to cut the rest to match the front...um okay, the only reason I did it is because we couldnt find a barber shop that is open during the hours that we have time to do stuff.  So yea Sat night, we put her hair in a pony and snip snip snip. It is super cute her shoulder length hair. But it was a first for both of us. Her cutting her hair short and me cutting hair. It isn´t professional but it isn´t horrible.
Lastly, I just want to say how much I love Sundays (and Mondays) b/c we get to take little break and go to church. I love church! And the Sacrament definitely has a lot more meaning for me now than ever before. I hope you all realize and remember the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for each of you so that you could have the chance to learn and grow. To make mistakes and learn how to better yourself thru the atonement. It is REAL. Everything about this church and this gospel is real. It has always had a significant meaning in my life, but nothing like it means to me now.
 
I hope you all have a great week!
Love you. Miss you. Take luck.
Hna snow

No comments:

Post a Comment